DOT: OVER 2M IN'T'L TOURISTS ARRIVAL IN 2018 Q1, 14.80% INCREASE THAN 1ST QUARTER 2017 - PHILIPPINE REPUBLIC NEWS

Breaking

Special Offers

Sunday, May 6, 2018

DOT: OVER 2M IN'T'L TOURISTS ARRIVAL IN 2018 Q1, 14.80% INCREASE THAN 1ST QUARTER 2017

Bantayan Island, Cebu, Philippines



The Department of Tourism (DOT) said that there are over million international tourists arrival in the first quarter this year, that is 14.80 percent increase than the first quarter in 2017
"We already welcomed over two million foreign guests to the Philippines in just three months compared to last year when it took four months or until April to reach two million," DOT Secretary Wanda Teo said.



Most of the arrivals are coming from China, Korea and Americas which comprised half of the population this quarter. Until March, we welcomed tourists -Chinese of 371,429, Koreans at 477,087, American 284,946 arrivals, Japanese 181,178, and Australians 74,027, Canada 70,501, Taiwan 59,877, United Kingdom 56,521, Singapore 44,398, Malaysia 37,090, Hong Kong 36,777, and India 32,999. 

No comments:

Post a Comment